Admission to the Polytechnic
- Admission to the Polytechnic is done purely on the merit basis of Diploma Entrance Examination (DEE) conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Nagaland.
- Principal is not allowed to admit student without the approval of Director, Technical Education.
- No student is allowed to refund their admission fees once it is admitted
- Detail information and contact numbers of students’ parents has to be provided during admission, without which admission is not allowed.
- Semester admission is done as per the Academic Calendar provided by the Directorate of Technical Education, Nagaland.
- No student is allowed to re-register any subject without taking semester admission in any of the term 1 to term VI, whichever is applicable.
Diploma Entrance Examination
- Diploma Entrance Examination is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education with the Examination Centre at Government Polytechnic Kohima.
- Result (Merit List) of Diploma Entrance Examination is declared within one week from the Date of entrance test.
- The selection for Diploma seats is based on the basis of Diploma Entrance test only.
- Placement of students to Polytechnics is done only against the vacancy seats which will be based on the preferences given by the students in the form.
- Placement of students against the seat/s vacated by selected candidates is done on the basis of the merit only.
- Change of preferences is not allowed after the entrance test. However, if any student wishes to change their branch, he/she may do so after admission, provided there is vacancy which shall be done on the merit of entrance test.